Vegan Linzer Cookies
So cute you won't be able to eat them!
Linzer cookies are a favourite, packed with jam and happiness! Create your own plant-based, protein version that will please the masses.
It is always fun to create different shapes than the traditional hearts, so get creative and send us your pics if you make the recipe!
- 2 cups of flour
- 1 Tbsp Clean Lean Protein Smooth Vanilla
- 50g ground almonds
- 0.8 cup vegan butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Pinch of salt
- Cold water if needed
- 150g raspberry jam
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- Add flour, ground almonds, sugar, and salt to a bowl and stir to combine.
- Add diced cold plant-based butter on top. Start kneading with cold hands.
- If needed, add cold water and knead until a smooth dough forms.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and let rest in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Roll out the dough on a floured surface and cut out rounds. Use a smaller cutter to make a hole in the centre of some rounds. In the end, you should get approx. Twenty-five rounds (the bottom of the cookies) and 25 rings (the top of the cookies). Place all of them on a baking tray covered with baking parchment.
- Pre-heat the oven up to 180°C/356°F and bake cookies for 8-10 minutes. Allow to cool down for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, heat the raspberry jam in a small pot.
- Spoon 1/2 teaspoon of the raspberry jam into the centre of the round. Top with a cookies ring and sprinkle the cookies with icing sugar.