Zucchini & Fennel Protein Soup
This healthy soup is low in fat and high in protein. A perfect winter warmer that's packed with nutritious and immune boosting herbs and vegetables.
1 medium carrot, diced
1 stalk of celery, diced
1 small onion, diced
1 clove of garlic, minced
2 cups vegetable stock
½ tsp fresh turmeric, grated
1 medium zucchini, roughly chopped
1 baby fennel bulb, roughly chopped
2 scoops Just Natural Clean Lean Protein
1 tbsp finely chopped parsley
1 tsp coconut oil
sea salt & cracked pepper, to taste
- Heat coconut oil in a saucepan.
- Add carrot, celery, onion and a pinch of salt, and saute for about 5 minutes until the onions soften and become translucent.
- Add garlic, turmeric, fennel, zucchini, and another small pinch of salt and stir for another 2 minutes.
- Add stock and allow to simmer for a further 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add to a blender along with Clean Lean Protein, parsley and a pinch of cracked pepper. Blend on low to desired consistency.
- Serve with some sprouted grain or gluten free toast for a wholesome, filling meal.
The information provided in this article is intended for educational purposes only and is general advice. It should not, nor is it intended to be, relied on as a substitute for individual medical advice or care. If the contents of this, or any other of the blogs in this series raises any concerns or questions regarding your health, please consult a qualified healthcare practitioner.