Banana Almond Muffins
Delicious muffins to enjoy for breakfast or as a quick energy snack
These dairy-free Banana Almond Muffins have the perfect protein to carbohydrate balance - making them a healthy and nutritious snack or on-the-go breakfast.
DRY INGREDIENTS BOWL:
½ cup spelt flour
¼ cup almond meal
¼ cup Just Natural or Smooth Vanilla Clean Lean Protein
1 tbsp shredded coconut
1 tbsp rolled oats
¼ tsp cinnamon
½ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp baking soda
Pinch of salt
Pinch of nutmeg (optional)
WET INGREDIENTS BOWL:
1 very ripe large banana, mashed
1 vegan flax egg
1 tbsp almond or ABC butter
½ tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 200C
- Add all dry ingredients into a large bowl and stir everything to combine and set aside.
- Add all wet ingredients into a bowl and mix until well combined.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir to combine, being careful not to over mix
- Line a muffin tray with muffin papers. Spray with a little bit of cooking oil and spoon in muffin batter evenly.
- Optional: Mix a little cinnamon and sugar and sprinkle on top of muffins before placing in the oven.
- Bake for 17-20 mins. When a skewer comes out clean, your muffins are done.
- Remove from baking tray after 5 mins and set on a cooling rack.
The information provided in this article is intended for educational purposes only and is general advice. It should not, nor is it intended to be, relied on as a substitute for individual medical advice or care. If the contents of this, or any other of the blogs in this series raises any concerns or questions regarding your health, please consult a qualified healthcare practitioner.