The classic Australian biscuit with a twist. Can be made gluten free. Courtesy of the lovely Jade!
1 cup rolled oats
½ cup plain flour
½ cup Just Natural Clean Lean Protein
1 cup shredded coconut
1 cup coconut sugar
2 tbsp golden syrup
1 tsp baking soda
6 tbsp boiling water
- In a small saucepan, heat butter and golden syrup until just melted.
- In a large bowl combine rolled oats, flour, Clean Lean Protein, coconut, and sugar.
- Pour syrup/butter mixture into dry ingredients.
- In a small bowl, mix baking soda and boiling water, then add to the rest of the ingredients.
- Mix everything to combine. The mixture should be quite sticky.
- Place in large spoonfuls on a lined baking tray and bake on 170°C for 10-15 minutes or until golden.
The information provided in this article is intended for educational purposes only and is general advice. It should not, nor is it intended to be, relied on as a substitute for individual medical advice or care. If the contents of this, or any other of the blogs in this series raises any concerns or questions regarding your health, please consult a qualified healthcare practitioner.