Chocolate Brownies with Strawberry Santas
How cute are these little brownies with Santa hats!?
They are also D.E.L.I.C.I.O.U.S! What more could you want out of your protein brownie than chocolate, chocolate and more chocolate!
We all deserve a sneaky treat every now and again, and these brownies are not to be missed!
1 cup flour
2 scoops Smooth Vanilla Clean Lean Protein
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1 cup caster sugar
1/3 cup vegetableoil
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/3 dairy free vegan dark chocolate, melted
1 cup almond milk
1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips (optional)
12 strawberries, cored
1 cup coconut cream, whipped
- Preheat oven to 160 C. Line an 8-inch square baking tin with baking or parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, add flour, Clean Lean Protein, cocoa powder and sugar and gently whisk to mix.
- Add oil, vanilla, melted chocolate and almond milk. Mix with a wooden spoon until smooth and combined. Add chocolate chips and mix gently.
- Transfer brownie batter to prepared pan and bake for 25-30 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean. Try not to over bake or brownies will turn cakey.
- We recommend putting the brownies in the fridge for a few hours to firm up.
- To prepare the strawberry Santa’s, cut the green end of each strawberry leaving a flat bottom. Using a metal straw, core the strawberries then set aside.
- Place freshly whipped coconut cream into a piping bag.
- When the brownies are cool, place a strawberry on the top and pipe around the bottom, creating the trim of the Santa hat.
- Pipe a small blob on top of the strawberry, creating a pom-pom.
- Repeat for all brownies and store in the fridge until ready to enjoy.