Carrot Cake Slice
Not your usual carrot cake.....Tastes like the real thing, only better!
This recipe is such an easy version of the traditional carrot cake, raw and full of goodness this cake is sure to please.
2 cups dates
8 scoops Smooth Vanilla Clean Lean Protein
1 cup almonds
1 cup oats
1/2 cup grated carrot
1 tsp fresh ginger
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 cup cashew nuts (soaked for 6 hours)
3 tbsp coconut oil
3 tbsp maple syrup
- Combine all filling ingredients into a food processor or blender.
- Blitz until a dough consistency is formed.
- Press into a lined sheet pan.
- Set aside.
- Drain and rinse the cashew nuts.
- Place into a blender with the coconut oil and maple syrup. Blend until smooth.
- Spread the icing over the pressed sheet pan of filling.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours until set.
- Top with crushed walnuts, slice with a sharp knife and enjoy.