Vanilla Caramel Rice Bubble Bar
A healthy and even more delicious alternative to the traditional Rice Krispie Bars. With a Vanilla Caramel twist and a full mouthful of nutrients to boost your day, these are the perfect lunchbox treat or midnight snack. Made with Kids Good Stuff Vanilla Caramel.
- 4 cups of puffed rice
- ½ cup honey (or maple syrup for a vegan version)
- 4 scoops Vanilla Caramel Kids Good Stuff
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- Line a square tin (20cm x 20cm) with baking paper. Set aside.
- Place the rice bubbles, Nuzest Kids Good Stuff, honey and melted coconut oil into a large bowl and mix together until well combined. The rice bubbles should be coated in the honey and oil!
- Pour the mixture into the pre-prepared tin and press down firmly. It is important that the mixture is packed down firmly so that the bars don’t crumble when you slice them.
- Place into the fridge to set for 3-4 hours or overnight. Remove from the fridge and cut into bars immediately with a sharp knife (if you let the slice come down to room temperature it will crumble when slicing).
A tip for pressing the mixture down firmly into the tin, is to place a piece of baking paper down over the slice and use your hand or a smaller tin to press the mixture down firmly.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to one week.
These bars are best eaten straight from the fridge so make a great after school snack. We wouldn’t recommend putting them in your kids lunch boxes as they crumble at room temperature due to the fact that coconut oil has been used in place of butter (as used in traditional rice bubble bar recipes).