Spinach & Feta Protein Muffins
Simple and delicious muffins, high in protein. Can be made gluten free.
These spinach and feta protein muffins are full of protein and plant foods. As a snack or breakfast or on-the-go, these muffins are perfect for satisfying your hunger pangs.
1 large egg
200ml low fat milk
2 Tbsp flavourless oil
¼ cup cooked spinach, chopped
½ cup cottage cheese
¼ cup crumbled feta
2 tbsp chopped fresh herbs
½ cup wholemeal flour + ½ cup plain flour
1 scoop Just Natural Clean Lean Protein
¼ tsp salt
4 tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 210°C (200°C fan bake) with the rack just below the middle
- Add eggs and milk to a bowl and whisk to combine. Add oil, spinach, cottage cheese, feta and herbs to combine.
- In a separate bowl, all all dry ingredients and stir a few times to evenly distribute.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir to combine. The mixture will be lumpy and should drop from a spoon easily. Add a little more milk if mixture seems a little dry.
- Spoon into 6 greased muffins tins & bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown & a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven & leave to cool in their pans for 2-3 minutes before tipping out & cooling on a rack.
The information provided in this article is intended for educational purposes only and is general advice. It should not, nor is it intended to be, relied on as a substitute for individual medical advice or care. If the contents of this, or any other of the blogs in this series raises any concerns or questions regarding your health, please consult a qualified healthcare practitioner.