Protein Sugar Cookies
Another great bake to keep on hand for a quick treat. These high protein cookies are a delicious way to kill your sweet cravings.
2½ cups plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 cup sugar
225g butter, cold and cut into chunks
1 egg, room temperature
¾ tsp vanilla essence
½ tsp almond essence
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- In a bowl, mix flour, protein and baking powder and set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg and essences and mix until combined.
- Gradually add the flour and beat until just combined. Mixture should look like a pile of crumbs. Scoop out handfuls and knead together in small amounts before kneading the whole lot together.
- Take half the mixture and roll it out on a floured surface to your desired thickness.
- Use a cookie cutter to cut shapes out of the rolled dough and transfer them to a lined baking tray. Once you have a full tray, place in the freezer for 10 mins before baking. This helps the cookies keep their shape.
- Bake 10-12 mins, keeping an eye on them around the 10 minute mark so they don't brown too much.
- Repeat with remaining dough.
- Once cookies are baked, let them sit on the tray for a couple of minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
Cookies can be decorated once completely cooled.