1/2 cup coconut sugar
1/4 cup of almond butter
2 Tbsp flax meal
1/4 cup coconut oil
1 tsp ginger
Pinch of nutmeg
4 scoops of Clean Lean Protein Smooth Vanilla
2 Tbsp molasses
1 1/2 cups of gluten free baking flour
- Prepare flax ‘egg’ by placing the flax meal in a large mixing bowl with 3 tablespoons of water. Allow to rest for 5 mins.
- When flax egg is ready add coconut oil, molasses, almond butter, coconut sugar and spices. Mix with a beater until well combined.
- Add gluten free flour to the wet ingredients, stir with a wooden spoon until a dough is formed.
- Roll into a ball.
- Cover dough and leave to chill overnight.
- Once chilled, pre-heat oven to 175 degrees C.
- Using a rolling pin roll the dough into a 1/2 cm thick flat surface.
- Using a gingerbread man cutter, press down firmly to reveal shape.
- Place onto lined baking trays.
- Bake for 12 mins.
- Repeat until there is no more dough.
- Optional is to decorate gingerbread men with nuts, seeds berries and enjoy!