- 2 Tbsp. brown rice flour
- 2 Tbsp. Clean Lean Protein Smooth Vanilla
- 1/3 cup pumpkin purée (I used homemade - fresh pumpkin boiled until soft and very well drained, then mashed until smooth)
- 1 Tbsp. granulated stevia
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 2 Tbsp. non-dairy yoghurt
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ¾ tsp. ground ginger
- ¼ tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp. ground cloves
- 2 Tbsp. raisins or sultanas
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. brandy extract
- Optional: 1 ½ tsp. orange zest
- Optional: 2 - 3 tbsp. aquafaba (see method)
1. Mix together dry ingredients in a bowl. Add the wet ingredients (except optional aquafaba) and whisk until the batter is smooth – it should be thick. Add a touch more flour if not thick enough. Set aside for a few minutes.
2. If using optional aquafaba: beat the aquafaba in a clean bowl with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Gently fold the beaten aquafaba into the pancake mixture. This will make the pancakes lighter and fluffier!
2. Cook pancakes over low heat in a pan greased with coconut oil.
3. Drizzle the cooked pancakes evenly with 1 – 2 tbsp. orange juice, if using. This will keep them moist and give a delicious flavour.
4. Stack the pancakes and then top with the yoghurt (sweeten to taste with maple syrup if desired). Add the raspberries and mint (if using) and a dusting of extra cinnamon.
100g non-dairy yoghurt (I used coconut yoghurt)
Optional: Fresh raspberries and mint, to make “holly”, plus more raspberries to decorate the plate
Optional: a few drops brandy extract, to flavour the yoghurt
Optional: 1 – 2 tbsp. orange juice (from a fresh orange)