Vegan Gingerbread People
Ginger has so many nutritional benefits and is undeniably tasty! Mix it with sugar and flour and you have a festive cookie, enjoyed by most.
Here is a little twist to the traditional Gingerbread man, a protein packed, gluten free and vegan version guaranteed to please!
Put the kiddies to work and make your own festive shapes, these are lower in sugar and higher in flavour, so don't worry if the whole lot is eaten when you turn your head.
1/2 cup coconut sugar
1/4 cup of almond butter
2 Tbsp flax meal
1/4 cup coconut oil
1 tsp ginger
Pinch of nutmeg
4 scoops of Smooth Vanilla Clean Lean Protein
2 Tbsp molasses
1 1/2 cups of gluten free baking flour
- Prepare flax ‘egg’ by placing the flax meal in a large mixing bowl with 3 tablespoons of water. Allow to rest for 5 mins.
- When flax egg is ready add coconut oil, molasses, almond butter, coconut sugar and spices. Mix with a beater until well combined.
- Add gluten free flour to the wet ingredients, stir with a wooden spoon until a dough is formed.
- Roll into a ball.
- Cover dough and leave to chill overnight.
- Once chilled, pre-heat oven to 175 degrees C.
- Using a rolling pin roll the dough into a 1/2 cm thick flat surface.
- Using a gingerbread man cutter, press down firmly to reveal shape.
- Place onto lined baking trays.
- Bake for 12 mins.
- Repeat until there is no more dough.
- Optional is to decorate gingerbread men with nuts, seeds berries and enjoy!
The information provided in this article is intended for educational purposes only and is general advice. It should not, nor is it intended to be, relied on as a substitute for individual medical advice or care. If the contents of this, or any other of the blogs in this series raises any concerns or questions regarding your health, please consult a qualified healthcare practitioner.