1 min read
Vegan Gingerbread Men Cookies
A twist on the classic, made with Rich Chocolate Kids Good Stuff.
1 cup almond meal
1 serve Rich Chocolate Kids Good Stuff
1 flax egg
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 tablespoon heaped of rice malt syrup
Pinch of salt
1 tbsp gluten free flour
Enough water to make a thick paste
We all love the classic gingerbread men, but what about a healthier version...
These delicious cookies are made using Rich Chocolate Kids Good Stuff, are gluten free, vegan and so easy to make! The perfect activity for the kids. Set them loose with decorations and see what beautifu artwork they create.
- To make the flax egg - mix 1 tbsp flax meal with 3 tbsp water, leave for 20 minutes.
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Add in the flax egg and rice malt syrup. Stir well.
- Take the dough out of the bowl and knead until it is smooth.
- Roll the dough out between two sheets of baking paper until it’s 0.5cm thick.
- Cut the dough into gingerbread shapes using a gingerbread cutter and place onto a lined baking tray.
- Using a zip lock bag filled with the white paste, cut a small corner off the bag and squeeze onto the gingerbread men to make their faces.
- Bake for 8-10min at 180C