Ultimate Protein Bread
While a nice slice of bread may be a treat, traditional bread is full of empty calories and is for the most part empty calories. Instead of choosing these nutritionally devoid bread choices, you can make your own protein breads with wholesome, simple ingredients you likely already have in your pantry. Here is a bread recipe packed with protein due to Clean Lean Protein.
1/2 cup steel cut oats
3 cups white whole wheat flour
1 tsp salt
2 scoops Just Natural Clean Lean Protein
1 Tbsp vital wheat gluten
1 cup water
1 cup almond milk
1 Tbsp coconut oil
1 Tbsp agave
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
2 tsp bread machine yeast
- Mix dry ingredients, minus yeast and sunflower seeds, in a large mixing bowl.
- Add wet ingredients to your bread machine pan. Pour dry ingredients over wet without mixing. Create a small divot in the middle of the dry ingredients and insert the yeast there.
- Set the bread machine for a 1 1/2 lb loaf with light crust and add sunflower seeds to fruit/nut tray. If your machine doesn't have a fruit/nut tray, simply add sunflower seeds on top of dry ingredients in the machine.
- Set machine function to fruit/nut mode and activate cycle. Once the bread is in the quick kneading stage, add additional tablespoons of flour, as needed, for the dough to pull away from the side of the pan to form a smooth ball. Cook time is approximately 3 hours and 15 minutes.
- Carefully remove the pan once the cycle is complete and remove the loaf from the plan. Let the bread cool on a cooling rack. Store covered in foil on the counter for up to 2-3 days.
The information provided in this article is intended for educational purposes only and is general advice. It should not, nor is it intended to be, relied on as a substitute for individual medical advice or care. If the contents of this, or any other of the blogs in this series raises any concerns or questions regarding your health, please consult a qualified healthcare practitioner.