1 min read
Spiced Pumpkin Loaf
A flavour full, protein packed loaf to warm the soul.
1 ½ Cups Cooked Pumpkin (+- ½ a medium sized pumpkin)
1 ½ Cups Almond Flour
1 Cup Gluten Free Flour
1 Serve Just Natural Clean Lean Protein
1 Cup SweetNZ Golden Brown * Sweetener
1/3 Cup Avocado Oil
2 Tbsp Vegan Hunny
Orange Zest from 1 Orange
1 spt Vanilla
1 Tbsp Cinnamon
2 Tsp Ginger
1 tsp Mixed Spice
2 tsp Baking Powder
½ tsp Baking Soda
½ tsp Salt
½ Cup Sultanas
½ Cup Chopped Crystallised Ginger
1 Tbsp Pumpkin Seeds
1 Tbsp Sunflower Seeds
It’s a showstopper. Beautiful Autumn and Winter flavours.
This isn’t the simplest of recipes, there are a lot of ingredients, but it is totally worth the time and effort! It is delicious, packed full of flavour and it has a beautiful soft texture. You would never guess its gluten free, dairy free, refined sugar free and loaded with protein from the eggs, almond flour, and the Clean Lean Protein. A slice of this loaf is satisfying for both your taste buds and your hunger.
This recipe goes beautifully with a Chai Turmeric Latte. It’s beautiful for breakfast or for a morning or afternoon tea snack. You could even have it for dessert with warm coconut custard…
Recipe by Kerry Locatelli, BNat
- Chop and roast the pumpkin in the oven at 180 C for 30 mins.
- Once the pumpkin has roasted allow it to cool.
- Mash the pumpkin and add to a blender.
- Add the eggs, golden brown sweetener, avocado oil, orange zest, vanilla and vegan hunny; and blend.
- Add all the dry ingredients to a large bowl and mix well.
- Add the sultanas and crystallized ginger and mix again.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients and mix well to combine.
- Pour into a prepared loaf tin and bake in the oven at 180 C (170 C fan forced) for 30mins.
- Cover with foil and bake for a further 25-30mins.
- Once the loaf is baked, remove it from the oven and allow it to cool before removing it from the loaf tin.
- Slice and serve with your favourite hot drink- this goes beautifully with Chai Turmeric latte (recipe link).
Time: 1hr 40min