1 min read
Refreshing Asparagus Soup
A delicious, immune boosting soup. Made with Clean Lean Protein Just Natural.
1 Tbsp Avocado oil
1 Onion, chopped
1 Shallot, chopped
4 cloves Garlic, grated or finely chopped
1 Leek, sliced
1 Stalk Celery, sliced
500g Asparagus, chopped
2 cups Watercress- woody stems removed
1 cup Baby Spinach (or other leafy green chopped)
1 Serve Clean Lean Protein Just Natural
200g Kumara chopped
1 L Vegetable Broth (or broth of choice)
Pinch of Salt and Pepper
1 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast
An asparagus lover's dream!! This soup is light on the stomach, but heavy on the flavour. Filled with nutrients and protein, Clean Lean Protein Just Natural that is. When you're sick of pumpkin soup in the winter and want something a bit more fun and nutritious, give this a go! Definitely an immune booster and super high in Vitamin B1!
Recipe by Kerry Locatelli
- Sauté the onions in the avocado oil.
- Add the celery and leek and sauté a little longer.
- Add the garlic and stir well to combine.
- Add the kumara and asparagus.
- Add the broth and bring to a gentle boil.
- Cover and simmer.
- Add the watercress and spinach and allow to wilt gently on top of the simmering soup.
- Stir in the Clean Lean Protein, salt and pepper and blend with a stick blender.
- Add the nutritional yeast.
- Delicious served with croutons and a sprinkling of basil seeds.