Raw Chocolate Nutella Slice
Do you love all things chocolate? Well.... have we got an Easter treat sure to get you hopping!
High protein, high in good fats, and super high in flavour!
Created and photographed by the talented Sarah Henderson @thesaarahproject
1/2 Cup Raw Hazelnuts
1/4 Cup Raw Cacao Powder
2 Tbsp Date Syrup
Pinch of Salt
1/4 Cup Almond Meal
1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
1 Can Coconut Cream
1 Tbsp Date Syrup
2 Tbsp Coconut Oil
1/2 Cup Hazelnuts, soaked in hot water for 15 min then drained
50g Dark Chocolate
1/4 Cup Coconut Cream
1. To make the base, put all ingredients in a food processor and pulse until the mixture begins to stick together.
2. Line a rectangle baking tin with baking paper and press firm and smooth out flat.
3. Pop in the freezer and make the filling. In a high powered blender, place all the ingredients in and blitz until completely smooth. Note: if the mixture is too thick and struggling, add in a tbsp of water to help it blend.
4. Pour mixture over the base layer and smooth flat then pop back into the freezer.
5. To make the top layer, in a small sauce pan on low heat, slowly melt the chocolate and coconut cream together. Be careful not to over heat the chocolate, you want this to be a slow melting process. Take off the heat and pour over the filling.
6. Scatter roughly chopped hazelnuts and cacao nibs over the top chocolate layer.
7. Pop back into the freezer to set for at least 3 hours or overnight. Leave out on the bench to thaw for 20 mins before serving up. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days in the fridge or can be stored in the freezer. Enjoy!