Raspberry, Coconut and Vanilla Chia Pots
These chia pots are sure to create a flavour bomb in your mouth!
Full of healthy fats and omega 3. Creamy from the coconut and nutty from the almonds, the perfect combination of ingredients to bring you a super healthy and delicious breakfast, snack or dessert.
Created by the lovely Sarah Henderson @thesaa.rahproject
4 Medjool Dates
1/2 Cup Coconut Flakes
1/2 Cup Ground Flax Meal
1/2 Cup Natural Almonds
1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
Pinch of Salt
1 Cup Coconut Cream
2 Cups Water
4 Scoops Smooth Vanilla Clean Lean Protein
1/2 Cups Chia Seeds
3 Cups Raspberries
1 tsp Rice Malt Sryup
1. In a food processor, blend coconut flakes, ground flax meal, natural almonds and into a fine crumble. Add in the dates (pitted), coconut oil and salt. Blitz until blended well.
2. Take four clean jars and evenly distribute mixture and press down firmly to form a base. Store in the fridge while you make the filling.
3. In a blender, add in the coconut cream, water and Smooth Vanilla Clean Lean Protein. Blend until completely combined.
4. Leave the mixture in the blender jug and add in the chia seeds, stir with a spoon until chia seeds are mixed in. Leave in the fridge to set for 20mins.
5. Optional step to make it smooth and creamy: Once filling has set, add 1/4 cup water and blend the mixture until smooth and creamy.
6. While the filling is setting in the fridge, put 3 cups of frozen raspberries into a small saucepan and heat on low heat to defrost the berries. Sweeten to taste. Use a wooden spoon to break the berries up. Leave to cool for 10mins.
7. Assemble the pots. Layer the filling and berry jam in your jars and top with fresh fruit or chopped up nuts. Pop the lids on and store in the fridge for an on the go breakfast or serve straight away!
The information provided in this article is intended for educational purposes only and is general advice. It should not, nor is it intended to be, relied on as a substitute for individual medical advice or care. If the contents of this, or any other of the blogs in this series raises any concerns or questions regarding your health, please consult a qualified healthcare practitioner.