Iced Coconut Protein Coffee
This delicious drink will not only give you a little coffee boost, but it is packed with lots of goodness to help support your body through the morning! Recipe and photos from Becky Thomason @solelynutrition
1 frozen banana
1/4 cup rolled oats
2 Tbsp raw cacao powder
1 Tbsp flaxseed meal
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1 cup almond milk
1 tsp brown rice syrup
4 iced cubes
Whipped Coconut Cream:
2 cans coconut cream (put in fridge overnight)
1 tsp brown rice syrup (optional)
Toppings: oats, coconut flakes and cacao powder
1. Preheat the oven to 150 degrees add a small handful of rolled oats and coconut flakes to a lined baking tray, and toast until lightly browned. Set aside and allow them to cool.
2. Add all the drink ingredients to the blender and process until smooth.
3. Place into glasses leaving room at the top for the cream, then put them in the fridge while you prepare the whipped coconut cream.
4. Scoop out the cream from the cans (from the top) and add to a small bowl with the brown rice syrup, using an electric beater, beat cream until fluffy.
5. Scoop out and top up glasses.
6. Sprinkle with toasted oats, coconut flakes, and cacao powder.
7. Store in the fridge until ready to drink.