Clean Lean Christmas Pudding Pancakes!
Think all the delicious Christmas pudding flavours...dried fruit, spices, brandy & orange...all wrapped up in a fluffy, HEALTHY pancake form ? These babies are high protein, gluten free & refined sugar free & taste like Christmas! Recipe and photo from the very talented Mel of @fearlessfitnessfood
2 Tbsp brown rice flour
1/3 cup pumpkin pure (I used homemade - fresh pumpkin boiled until soft and very well drained, then mashed until smooth)
1 Tbsp granulated stevia
1/3 cup almond milk
2 Tbsp non-dairy yoghurt
2 Tbsp cornstarch
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1/8 tsp ground cloves
2 Tbsp raisins or sultanas
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/ 2 tsp brandy extract
Optional: 1 1/2 tsp orange zest
1. Mix together dry ingredients in a bowl. Add the wet ingredients (except optional aquafaba) and whisk until the batter is smooth, it should be thick. Add a touch more flour if not thick enough. Set aside for a few minutes.
2. If using optional aquafaba: beat the aquafaba in a clean bowl with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Gently fold the beaten aquafaba into the pancake mixture. This will make the pancakes lighter and fluffier!
3. Cook pancakes over low heat in a pan greased with coconut oil.
4. Drizzle the cooked pancakes evenly with 1 1/ 2 tbsp. orange juice, if using. This will keep them moist and give a delicious flavour.
5. Stack the pancakes and then top with the yoghurt (sweeten to taste with maple syrup if desired). Add the raspberries and mint (if using) and a dusting of extra cinnamon.
6. To serve: 100g non-dairy yoghurt (I used coconut yoghurt)
7. Maple Syrup Optional: Fresh raspberries and mint, plus more raspberries to decorate the plate
8. Optional: a few drops brandy extract, to flavour the yoghurt
9. Optional: 1 1/2 tbsp. orange juice (from a fresh orange)