Chocolate Peanut Slice
A slice to melt in your mouth.
What a tasty way to increase your protein intake and satisfy your taste buds! Make a double batch as you wont be able to resist!
2 cups gluten free rolled oats
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup chopped dates, soaked in warn water for 10 minutes and drain.
4 Tbsp brown rice syrup or honey or pure maple syrup
1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
1 scoop Smooth Vanilla Clean Lean Protein
1/8 tsp of sea salt
1/2 cup Coconut oil
1/3 cup pure maple syrup
1/2 cup cacao powder
Pinch of salt
1. Put the soaked drained dates, melted coconut oil and brown rice syrup in the food processor and blend until the date mixture is a soft paste.
2. Add peanut butter and blend to combine before adding oats, Clean Lean Protein and salt. Bend until well combined.
3. Put mixture into a lined 17 x by 26cm baking tray. Press down and place in freezer.
4. Make the chocolate topping by gently melting the coconut oil, then whisk in the pure maple syrup, cacao powder and salt.
5. Pour over the base and return to freezer for 1 hour or more to set.
6. Once set, remove from the freezer and slice into bars.
Store chocolate peanut bars in the fridge before serving.
Recipe and Photo Credit to Maree at The Green Juicing Company