Chai Spiced Doughnuts with Sticky Toffee Glaze
6 free range eggs
1/2 cup coconut flour
1/4 cup Coconut Oil, melted
1 tsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp baking soda
pinch sea salt
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp cardamom
1/2 tsp ground clove
1/4 tsp fresh grated ginger
2 scoops Chai Turmeric + Maca Clean Lean Protein
1 cup powdered coconut sugar*
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees Celsius.
- Mix doughnut ingredients together in a mixing bowl in the order they are listed. You can use a stand mixer if you'd like, or sift the coconut first before using, to help eliminate clumps.
- Adjust the chai spices to your liking.
- Grease doughnut pan well, using coconut oil, and spoon batter in.
- Bake doughnuts for 15 minutes at 190 degrees Celsius, until thoroughly cooked, and a toothpick test comes out clean.
- For the Glaze add the ingredients to a small bowl and whisk until we combined. Add more milk if you would like a thinner consistency.
- Dip and cover half of the doughnut in the glaze and then sit on a lined baking tray, and complete with the remaining doughnuts. If there is some leftover glaze you can drizzle it over the top. Top with shaved dark chocolate and cacao nibs, and then put in the fridge to allow the glaze to firm up or serve straight away.
*To make your own powdered coconut sugar add 1 cup of coconut sugar and 2 tsp tapioca flour to a grinder or small blender, and blend until it resembles a light fluffy powder (roughly 60 seconds). Leave lid on to allow the powder to settle before removing.