Cacao Almond Birthday Cake
A Cacao Almond Cake featuring our Clean Lean Protein Smooth Vanilla layered with chocolate coconut ganache featuring Clean Lean Protein Rich Chocolate.
Recipe is by the talented Becky from Solely Nutrition.
2 cups almond flour
1 cup cacao powder
1 scoop Smooth Vanilla Clean Lean Protein
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp Himalayan pink salt
2 eggs(can substitute for flax eggs)
2/3 cup brown rice syrup
1/3 cup water
1 Tbsp Vanilla extract
1 cup coconut cream, or full fat milk
300-350g 85% dark chocolate, chopped finely
3 Tbsp brown rice syrup
1 scoop Rich Chocolate Clean Lean Protein
1. Cake (double to make 2 cakes like in the picture): In a large bowl add almond flour, cacao, protein powder, baking soda, and salt, and mix together.
2. In a small bowl whisk together eggs, brown rice syrup, water, and vanilla. Add wet ingredients to dry and mix until well combined.
3. Pour into lined cake tin and bake for 25 minutes, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
4. Add Chocolate Coconut Protein Ganache (makes enough for filling and cake topping): Stir the coconut cream and brown rice syrup together in a small saucepan, and bring to a gentle boil.
5. Add the chocolate to a medium sized bowl, and then pour the mixture over the chocolate and whisk until it has all melted.
6. Allow to cool to room temperature, stirring every 15 minutes or until the chocolate has thickened into a spreadable frosting.
7. If you are using two cakes use a quarter of the ganache to sandwich the two cakes together. Then spread the remaining ganache bit by bit over the outside, smoothing it out with the back of a flat knife.
8. There may be some remaining depending on how much your taste buds can handle. Top with frozen raspberries and shaved dark chocolate.
The information provided in this article is intended for educational purposes only and is general advice. It should not, nor is it intended to be, relied on as a substitute for individual medical advice or care. If the contents of this, or any other of the blogs in this series raises any concerns or questions regarding your health, please consult a qualified healthcare practitioner.