Banana Protein Loaf
Craving something sweet and warm with a hint of spice? Look no further!
Liv from Liv's Apothecary has created a DELICIOUS protein packed banana loaf using Chai Turmeric Maca Clean Lean Protein.
A healthy way to use those over ripe bananas when you don't feel like a smoothie.
If you make this recipe, make sure to post it to your social and tag @nuzest_nz
1/2 Cup Chai Turmeric Maca Clean Lean Protein
1 Cup regular or gluten free all-purpose flour
1 Cup almond meal
1 Tsp ground cinnamon
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda (dissolved in a dash of water)
Pinch of salt
1/2 Cup dark chocolate chips (optional)
3 Mashed ripe bananas
3 Tbsp chia seeds (soaked for at least 10 min in 1 cup of water)
1/3 Cup melted coconut oil
1/2 Pure maple syrup
1/2 Cup coconut yoghurt
1 tsp Vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 160 degrees fan-bake. Prepare a loaf tin with baking paper or grease generously with coconut oil.
2. Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl, Clean Lean Protein, flour, almond meal, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, salt and chocolate chips.
3. In a separate bowl, mix wet ingredients; bananas, chia seeds, coconut oil, maple syrup/coconut sugar, yoghurt and vanilla. Stir wet ingredients well into dry ingredients.
4. Transfer mixture to the loaf tin. Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until a skewer can be removed cleanly.
5. Serve with coconut yoghurt and sliced banana if desired. Store in an airtight container in a cool, dark place. @livsapothecary_healthclinic
The information provided in this article is intended for educational purposes only and is general advice. It should not, nor is it intended to be, relied on as a substitute for individual medical advice or care. If the contents of this, or any other of the blogs in this series raises any concerns or questions regarding your health, please consult a qualified healthcare practitioner.