Pumpkin Pie Muffins
It's pumpkin season and we are bringing out all the pumpkin recipes! They are so sweet, comforting and nutritious... we just can't get enough. These delicious muffins are made using Just Natural Clean Lean Protein and lots of pumpkin puree. Best served with a pumpkin spiced latte.
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 serves Just Natural Clean Lean Protein
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 2 eggs (or chia eggs for vegan option)
- ¼ cup milk of choice
- 2 tsp pumpkin spice (or 1 tsp cinnamon, ½ tsp ginger, ¼ tsp nutmeg and all spice)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Whipped cream and chopped walnuts to top (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180C and line your muffin tin with muffin cases.
- In a large bowl, whisk the oil and maple syrup together.
- Add in the eggs and continue to whisk.
- Add the pumpkin puree, protein, milk, pumpkin spice, baking soda and vanilla to the bowl. Combine with a large spoon.
- Add the flour and oats to the bowl and mix until combined.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin cases and place into the oven to bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into a muffin comes out clean.
- Remove the muffins from the oven and allow to cool before removing from the tin. Top with whipped cream and chopped walnuts.
The information provided in this article is intended for educational purposes only and is general advice. It should not, nor is it intended to be, relied on as a substitute for individual medical advice or care. If the contents of this, or any other of the blogs in this series raises any concerns or questions regarding your health, please consult a qualified healthcare practitioner.