Pumpkin Pie Muffins
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 serves Just Natural Clean Lean Protein
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 2 eggs (or chia eggs for vegan option)
- ¼ cup milk of choice
- 2 tsp pumpkin spice (or 1 tsp cinnamon, ½ tsp ginger, ¼ tsp nutmeg and all spice)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Whipped cream and chopped walnuts to top (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180C and line your muffin tin with muffin cases.
- In a large bowl, whisk the oil and maple syrup together.
- Add in the eggs and continue to whisk.
- Add the pumpkin puree, protein, milk, pumpkin spice, baking soda and vanilla to the bowl. Combine with a large spoon.
- Add the flour and oats to the bowl and mix until combined.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin cases and place into the oven to bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into a muffin comes out clean.
- Remove the muffins from the oven and allow to cool before removing from the tin. Top with whipped cream and chopped walnuts.