Protein Mocha Brown Rice Porridge
Recipe by Cassie AmberWhat a combo! Brown rice in the morning is not that common, but it is super tasty and nutritious. This dish will keep you going all the way to lunch time. It is packed with protein and flavour. It does take a little while to cook, so give it a go when you have some extra time in the morning. -
- 1 cup Brown Rice
- 1 cup Water
- 2 cup Coconut Milk
- 1 Banana (mashed)
- 1 Tbsp Cacao Powder
- 1 Tbsp Instant Coffee
- 1 scoop Coffee Coconut & MCT’s (or just use vanilla) Clean Lean Protein
- OPTIONAL FOR GARNISHING -
- Rice Malt/Maple Syrup
- Sliced Almonds
- Shredded Coconut
- Cook the rice in a pot over the stove with the water and milk until soft in the middle. You can add more liquid if needed as sometimes it loses it through the steam.
- Add the banana which acts as a natural sweetener, along with the cacao powder and instant coffee.
- Once ready to serve, stir in the Clean Lean Protein.
- Divide into bowls and drizzle over maple syrup, top with berries, then sprinkle over sliced almonds and shredded coconut.
It’s THAT simple!