Protein Mac 'N' Cheese
Looking for your next favourite comfort food? Look no further, this plant-based protein mac n cheese will warm you to the core and blow your mind in the process. No cheese, no problem. We can make anything out of anything these days, trust us.... you wont be able to stop at one bowl!
- 1 cup Macaroni (or gluten free pasta alternative)
- 2.5 cups soymilk or other unsweetened plant-based milk
- 2 Scoops of Nuzest Clean Lean Protein Just Natural
- 2-3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dried dill
- 1 tbsp white miso paste
- 1 tbsp tamari
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp ground paprika
- Salt and pepper
- Cook your pasta as per packet instructions.
- In a separate medium-sized pot, stir your soymilk over a low heat slowly whisking in the nutritional yeast, onion powder, dill, white miso paste, tamari, ground paprika, turmeric, salt and pepper.
- Once combined, slowly add the protein and whisk continuously to ensure the mixture doesn’t get clumpy.
- Whisk over a low heat for a further 2 minutes until combined and smooth – do not let it boil!
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain and pour your pasta into the pot of cheeze sauce and mix until combined. Allow the pasta to sit over a low heat for a further 2 minutes to allow the sauce to thicken further.
Serve with a grating of plant-based parmesan and some paprika, or fresh cracked pepper and chopped parsley. Buon appetito!