Peanut Butter Energy Bites
The perfect lunch box treat! These energy bites taste so good no kid will ever dare swap it out for lollies! Packed with protein, vitamins, minerals and healthy fats, these are the ultimate snack to keep the little ones engines running without the sugar spikes. Be careful, this is a one for you... one for me.... kind of situation.
- ¾ cup smooth natural peanut butter (can substitute for tahini for a nut free version)
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup Vanilla Caramel Kids Good Stuff
- ¾ cup rolled oats
- ¼ cup desiccated or shredded coconut (plus extra for rolling)
- 2 tbsp chia seeds or flaxseeds
- Place the oats and coconut into a high-speed blender and blitz until a flour like mixture is formed.
- Place the peanut butter (or tahini) and maple syrup into a large bowl and whisk until combined.
- Add the Kids Good Stuff, seeds and oat and coconut mixture into the bowl.
- Mix until well combined – you might like to use your hands!
- Using a tablespoon, scoop the mixture into your hands and roll into bite sized balls.
Optional: Roll the balls in coconut
Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
The information provided in this article is intended for educational purposes only and is general advice. It should not, nor is it intended to be, relied on as a substitute for individual medical advice or care. If the contents of this, or any other of the blogs in this series raises any concerns or questions regarding your health, please consult a qualified healthcare practitioner.