1 min read
Overnight Oats For All Day Energy
Keep the kids going with these overnight oats, made with Kids Good Stuff Wild Strawberry.
1 cup of rolled oats
1 cup of Greek yoghurt or dairy free alternative
1 cup of milk or dairy free alternative
2 serves of Kids Good Stuff Wild Strawberry
1 tablespoon of chia seeds
Strawberries, blueberries, granola
Additional toppings for inspiration:
- ¼ cup frozen strawberries and 1 tbsp flaked almonds
- ¼ cup frozen raspberries and 1 tbsp dark chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp dried cranberries, 1 tbsp goji berries and 1 tsp hemp seeds
- 1 banana, sliced, 1 tbsp peanut butter and 1 tsp jam
This recipe for sweet & creamy, overnight oats provides long lasting energy and contains the added benefits of Kids Good Stuff! Such a simple recipe, yet so effective. Oats are low GI which means the energy is slow releasing and you won't get that sugar crash. They are also high in protein and fiber-rich carbohydrates which is a winning combination for sustained energy. Keep the kids going with these overnight oats, they will feel like they are having dessert for breakfast!
- Combine the oats, yogurt, milk, Kids Good Stuff Wild Strawberry and chia seeds in a large container
- Mix well
- Leave in the fridge overnight
- Scoop, serve and top with berries and granola
Tip: This is a good recipe for anytime of the day – a smaller portion is great for morning tea or an afternoon snack and frozen fruit helps to keep it cool until it’s ready to eat.