1 min read
Healthy Apple & Carrot Muffins
Perfect afternoon snack for the kids, made with Vanilla Caramel Kids Good Stuff
2 cups almond meal
1 cup rolled oats
½ cup oat flour
2 tsp cinnamon
1 Tbsp Vanilla Caramel Kids Good Stuff
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
½ cup walnuts
½ cup sultanas
½ cup maple syrup
3 eggs (sub ¾ cup applesauce)
6 Tbsp butter (sub for coconut oil)
1 cup grated apple
1 cup grated carrot
CARAMEL CASHEW ICING:
1 cup coconut yogurt
½ cup cashew butter
2 Tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 ½ Tbsp Vanilla Caramel Kids Good Stuff
The perfect afternoon tea snack for the kids. Packed with healthy fats, protein, vegetables, and vitamins and minerals to refuel their brains and bodies. Topped with a delicious caramel cashew icing, your kids will be begging for seconds. Made with Vanilla Caramel Kids Good Stuff.
Recipe by Polkadot Passport
- Preheat the oven to 175˚C and line a 12-slot muffin tin.
- In a large bowl, combine almond meal, rolled oats, oat flour, rolled oats, cinnamon, Kids Good Stuff, baking soda, salt, sultanas, and walnuts.
- In another bowl, whisk together maple syrup, eggs and butter.
- Stir in grated carrot and apple.
- Pour the mixture into the bowl of dry ingredients, mixing until just combined.
- Divide the batter between the muffin slots.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until tops are brown, and toothpick comes out clean from centre.
- Remove from oven and leave to cool
- Meanwhile, make icing by beating together cashew butter, coconut yogurt, maple syrup, vanilla essence, and Kids Good Stuff until combine.
- Once muffins are cool, top with icing and serve.