Ginger & Turmeric Soup
Ginger and Turmeric have so many great healing properties, especially for reducing inflammation and supporting immune health, so why not add a whole bunch to a creamy soup and have it for dinner?!
We have added Just Natural Clean Lean Protein into it too for an extra protein hit. This soup is a must try for those cold winter nights. Best served next to the fire and followed up with a nice hot chocolate.
- 1 brown onion
- 3 cups chopped pumpkin
- 1 cup chopped potato
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 thumb sized piece of ginger, grated
- 1 thumb sized piece of turmeric, grated
- 3 cups vegetables stock, salt reduced
- 2 serves Just Natural Clean Lean Protein
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
Optional for topping
- Coconut yogurt
- Pumpkin (pepita) seeds
- Heat the oil in a large, deep saucepan. Add the onion and sauté until translucent.
- Add the pumpkin and potato, garlic, ginger and turmeric and sauté for a few more minutes.
- Add the broth and coconut milk to the pot and mix well. Season with salt and pepper and bring to the boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to a simmer and place lid on the pot to cook for 20 minutes or until the vegetables are soft.
- Once the soup is cooked, blend the mixture using an immersion (handheld) blender. Alternatively, you could transfer the mixture to a high-speed blender.
- Add the protein powder and blend again until completely incorporated in the soup. Taste and adjust seasoning to your taste.
Serve topped with a dollop of coconut yogurt and pumpkin seeds.
The information provided in this article is intended for educational purposes only and is general advice. It should not, nor is it intended to be, relied on as a substitute for individual medical advice or care. If the contents of this, or any other of the blogs in this series raises any concerns or questions regarding your health, please consult a qualified healthcare practitioner.