1 min read
Ginger & Turmeric Soup
A creamy pumpkin soup with a ginger & turmeric twist. Using Just Natural Clean Lean Protein.
- 1 brown onion
- 3 cups chopped pumpkin
- 1 cup chopped potato
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 thumb sized piece of ginger, grated
- 1 thumb sized piece of turmeric, grated
- 3 cups vegetables stock, salt reduced
- 2 serves Just Natural Clean Lean Protein
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
Optional for topping
- Coconut yogurt
- Pumpkin (pepita) seeds
Ginger and Turmeric have so many great healing properties, especially for reducing inflammation and supporting immune health, so why not add a whole bunch to a creamy soup and have it for dinner?!
We have added Just Natural Clean Lean Protein into it too for an extra protein hit. This soup is a must try for those cold winter nights. Best served next to the fire and followed up with a nice hot chocolate.
- Heat the oil in a large, deep saucepan. Add the onion and sauté until translucent.
- Add the pumpkin and potato, garlic, ginger and turmeric and sauté for a few more minutes.
- Add the broth and coconut milk to the pot and mix well. Season with salt and pepper and bring to the boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to a simmer and place lid on the pot to cook for 20 minutes or until the vegetables are soft.
- Once the soup is cooked, blend the mixture using an immersion (handheld) blender. Alternatively, you could transfer the mixture to a high-speed blender.
- Add the protein powder and blend again until completely incorporated in the soup. Taste and adjust seasoning to your taste.
Serve topped with a dollop of coconut yogurt and pumpkin seeds.