Festive Pavlova 'Cheese' Cake
You can never pass up a classic Kiwi Pav on Christmas day... it is tradition! The world is changing now and health is at the forefront of many peoples minds.
Don't skip dessert, just make it better!
This raw pavlova is a healthy, protein packed version of the one gran would always make. No guilt here, only energy and satisfaction.
So creamy, so nutrient dense and so delicious!
2.5 cups cashew nuts (soaked for 12 hours)
1/4 cup rice malt syrup
2 scoops Clean Lean Protein Smooth Vanilla
1 Tbsp cacao butter
1/3 cup coconut oil
1 tsp vanilla bean powder
1 cup dates
1 cup almonds
1/3 cup shredded coconut
1 tin coconut cream (chilled, water removed and whipped)
1 kiwi fruit sliced
Handful of strawberries, cherries, raspberries and blueberries
- Soak cashew nuts over night.
- In a food processor place, all ‘base ingredients. Blend until a dough is formed.
- Press into a lined cake pan. Set aside while making filling.
- In a blender place-soaked cashew nuts, protein powder, cacao butter, rice malt syrup and vanilla bean, blitz until smooth.
- Pour over the base, making sure it is flat and even.
- Chill overnight until set.
- To make coconut cream. Using a chilled coconut cream from the top of the can, leaving the water at the bottom. Blitz with a hand blender until whipped cream consistency is formed.
- Spread the whipped cream over the top of the set cake.
- Slice mango cheeks into decorative lengths. Fan out across the top. Place sliced berries and kiwi alongside with blueberries to garnish. Finish off with the insides of 4 passion fruits.
- Keep refrigerated until serving.
- Slice and enjoy around the Christmas table.