Chocolate Cherry Breakfast Quinoa
Delicious recipe by Cassie Amber – “Did you know that quinoa is an excellent source of plant protein? Most people cook it in vegetable stock to have as a savoury dish. So, cooking it in plant milk and turning it into a sweet dish is a unique concept! The high protein levels also help keep you feeling fuller for longer during the day and assist with muscle repair.”
- 1 1/2 c Quinoa
- 2 cups Coconut Milk
- 1 cups Water
- 4 Tbsp Heaped Cacao Powder
- 1 Scoop Smooth Vanilla Clean Lean Protein
- 1/4 cup Maple Syrup
- 1/4 cup Chopped Nuts
- 3/4 cup Cherries
- Cook the quinoa in the coconut milk and water in a pot on the stove top for around 30 minutes or until soft and liquid is dissolved, stirring occasionally.
- Stir through the cacao powder and Clean Lean Protein.
- Transfer to serving bowls, drizzle with maple syrup and top with chopped nuts.
- Place cherries on top to garnish – I use frozen berries and simply melt in the microwave for about 40 seconds.
- Enjoy this delicious breakfast!