1 min read
Chocolate Brownie Easter Eggs
A new take on the original Easter egg, made with Rich Chocolate Clean Lean Protein.
1 Serving Rich Chocolate Clean Lean Protein
1 Cup Almond Flour
2/3 Cup Xylitol
2 Tbsp Cocoa
1 tsp Baking Powder
½ tsp Salt
¼ Cup Almond Milk (or Milk of choice)
1/3 Cup Melted Butter (Use Melted Coconut Oil for a Vegan version and use melted not hot Butter or Coconut Oil)
2 Eggs (or Flax Egg/Egg Replacer for a Vegan Version)
1 tsp Vanilla
Slab of your favourite chocolate- this can be dairy free, sugar free and flavoured as you wish. (I used Healtheries Sugar Free Salted Caramel bars and Lindt 85% Dark Chocolate)
Watch out Easter there is a new egg in town!! Don't you just hate it when you bite into a chocolate Easter egg and it is hollow inside?? Well we have the perfect Easter egg for you, one that is filled with chocolate brownie. Made with Rich Chocolate Clean Lean Protein, these are the next best thing to sliced bread!
Regular Easter eggs are filled with lots of sugar and make you fell ill after a few, these Chocolate Brownie Easter Eggs are basically guilt-free and even packed with protein!! Get the family involved in making them and use them in your Easter egg hunts, but dont let the ants get them!!
Recipe by Kerry Locatelli
- Mix the Clean Lean Protein, almond flour, cocoa and baking powder in a bowl.
- Blend the almond milk, melted butter (remember just melted, not hot), eggs, xylitol and vanilla and add to the dry ingredients.
- Mix well and add to a baking dish.
- Bake at 170C for 30mins.
- Allow to cool.
- Melt the chocolate and prepare the easter egg moulds (make sure they are clean and ready to go).
- Cut the brownie into pieces (that fit nicely in the moulds and can be coated with chocolate).
- Add a little melted chocolate to the moulds, a little peanut butter if you wish and then a piece of chocolate brownie. Add more melted chocolate on top of the brownie and to fill in the gaps.
- Place the assembled easter eggs in the fridge to set. Overnight is ideal or at least a couple hours.
Serves: Depends on the size of the molds