Boost your morning with this protein packed breakfast bruschetta.
A delicious mix of veges and spices, a top of our Ultimate Protein Bread
It will keep you going for hours!
1 punnet tomatoes quartered
1/4 red onion, finely sliced
1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
1 clove of garlic
1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
2-4 slices of Nuzest Ultimate Protein Bread
2-4 free range eggs
Salt and pepper to taste
- Wash the tomatoes and cut into quarters. Place in a small mixing bowl.
- Finely dice the red onion and add to mixing bowl.
- Roughly tear the basil leaves into the bowl too. Add the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Mix and set to the side.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan on medium heat and begin to cook eggs. While the eggs are cooking, place the bread into a toaster and toast.
- To plate up, place the bread onto a plate and drizzle with a small amount of olive oil. Cut the garlic in half, then rub it all over the surface of the toasted bread. Top each piece of bread with the tomato mixture and finish by adding the cooked egg. Season with salt and pepper, then serve.