Christmas Tips & Tricks #10
DON’T LET STRESS OVERCOME YOU – OUR TOP 5 HOLIDAY SELF CARE TIPS
The holidays are a time of celebration, love and joy. However, for some the holidays are the most stressful time of the calendar year giving reason as to why December historically has the highest rate of heart attacks (yikes). Despite this, it is possible to have minimise stress or even try for a stress-free Christmas.
Self-care is often put on the back burner as your mind if often preoccupied tidying up the last bits of work before the New Year, shopping, cooking, organising and socialising, stress is also added being a parent. During this time, it is important to remember that to put your best self forward and remain present and calm taking a few mins out of the day for your own needs is essential.
- Take the time to make a nourishing meal or snack. Often, we neglect healthy eating patterns during times of stress, whether this be not eating or picking at processed foods that ultimately make you feel sluggish. Making the time to nourish your body is vital.
- Take a bath and prepare a natural face mask. Baths reduce tension and stress and the alone time might be a perfect opportunity to clear your mind and practice meditation especially if you include a couple of drops of essential lavender oil. Maximise on your bath time by spoiling yourself with this natural face mask recipe: ½ avocado mashed, 1 tablespoon of Manuka honey, 1 tablespoon oats (optional) and 1 tablespoon of bentonite clay (optional). Mix all ingredients and leave on face for 15 mins.
- Give yourself permission to not have expectations of your yourself, surroundings or outcomes. Saying no to that holiday party to slow down and make time for yourself is the ultimate form of self-care. The season is about enjoyment and not guilt.
- Bake! Baking is therapeutic (and also delicious) and can be a great way to show loved ones that you care. Spread the love and positivity through some delicious handmade baked goods. The satisfaction from seeing the joy expressed from loved ones is a stress reliver.
- Have the ‘Let it Go’ mindset. Holding onto past emotions, won’t help the future. Learning to let it go isn’t easy, but it is rewarding. Just remember “will this all matter one month from now” if the answer is no. Let it go.
The information provided on Nuzest is for educational and informational purposes only. The information provided on this site is not, nor is it intended to be, a substitute for professional advice or care. Please speak to your qualified healthcare professional in the event that something you have read here raises questions or concerns regarding your health.