Cliff Harvey, Clinical Nutritionist & Researcher (PhD, DipFit, DipNat)
Cliff Harvey PhD, DipFit, DipNat, is a registered clinical nutritionist, former world champion and world record-holding strength athlete, and researcher.
He has been coaching people ranging from world champion athletes through to the chronically and acutely unwell to perform at their best, since the 1990s.
Cliff’s master's degree research focussed on the use of medium-chain triglycerides to mitigate ‘keto-flu’ and encourage faster induction of nutritional ketosis, and his doctoral research on identifying markers of carbohydrate tolerance and appropriateness of different diets to individuals.
He is the founder of the Holistic Performance Institute, a private tertiary college, and is the author of many books including The Carbohydrate Appropriate Diet, the Ashton-Wylie Book Award finalist Time Rich, Cash Optional and The Credo: 8 Simple virtues for living with passion and purpose in the post-truth era.
Author's recent articles
- Nutrition & Lifestyle for Ultimate Health & Wellbeing
- What Does ‘Natural Flavour’ Really Mean? We Explain.
- Are lectins bad for your gut?
- The effects of sleep deprivation on your health
- 11 Body Systems: What nutritional ingredients support your Nervous System
- 11 Body Systems: What nutritional ingredients support your Muscular System
- How Digestible is Pea Protein?
- Nootropics: improve cognitive function, focus, mood, memory, creativity and motivation with your nutrition
- Brain Health: How to Reduce your Risk of Alzheimer’s and Age-Related Cognitive Decline.
- 11 Body Systems: How to support your Muscoskeletal System
- Do Kids Need Multivitamins?
- Stevia: Good or Bad? Everything you need to know
- 11 Body Systems: Why it's important to take care of your Respiratory System
- 11 Body Systems: How to support your Reproductive System
- 11 Body Systems: what is the Circulatory System and how can you support it
- Are you starving on a full stomach
- 11 Body Systems: The Importance of the Musculoskeletal System
- 11 Body Systems: What is the Integumentary System and why is it so important?
- 11 Body Systems: how the Digestive System works
- 11 Body Systems: What you can do to support your Endocrine System
- 11 Body Systems: What is the Immune System and you can help protect it
- Why Good Green Vitality helps your body preform at it's best
- Detox Diets Part 2: How Dangerous Are Common Toxins?
- Detox Diets Part 1: Do ‘Detox’ Diets Really Work?
- Nutrition tips to get you springing into Spring
- How to Crush the Holiday Season!
- How to grow your nails long and strong
- Top nutrients for winter wellness
- Are supplements really worth it?
- To detox or not
- 7 tips for smart snacking
- Micro-fuel Your Nutrition with vitamins and minerals
- Natural Folate vs Synthetic Folic Acid
- 7 simple nutrition tips to help you look and feel great
- The Importance of Protein in an Active Lifestyle
- Acid-Alkaline Balance and Diet
- Aid menopause symptoms and feel better
- Lifting the Lid on Protein Myths
- 80/20 Nutrition
- Why Good Green Vitality helps your body perform at it's best
- Top Tips to Boost Immunity
- So Why DO We Get Fat?
- Why Good Green Vitality contains chlorella and spirulina
- 11 Body Systems: Why is the Renal/ Urinary System so important?