Everywhere I look there is a new “next best” weight loss plan. It seems that being skinny is the ultimate goal, and one that trumps health, energy, and longevity.
In my opinion, there are so many reasons why we need to shift our energy from that external number on the dial (which really only weighs our self-esteem) to an internal, health-focused approach. After all, health is indeed a feeling, not a look.
1. Because I do not know what your healthy weight is (and you might not either). Let’s just start by saying that BMI measure of health is a load of rubbish – just look at the All Blacks! Your healthy weight might be completely different to someone else’s. We’re all unique.
2. Because focusing on weight loss can have physical and psychological consequences. Such as disordered eating, yo-yo dieting (weight cycling), increased weight gain and negative body image.
3. Because your weight can fluctuate for a variety of reasons in just one day! From morning to night – your weight can fluctuate for a variety of reasons, many of nothing to do with body fat.
4. Because dramatic weight loss is almost always short term. 90% of us gain it back because there is so much more to being healthy than weight. I want you to be happy and healthy for the rest of your life, not just until the next diet is finished.
5. Weight loss doesn’t take into account your cultural, social, genetic etc… Again, our healthy weights are different, they are not determined by a scale or BMI number.
6. Weight loss is not about health – we all know that we can eat nutrient-void processed foods and shakes and still lose weight.
Instead I encourage you to, focus on feeling healthier, lighter, happier and more confident. If you lose weight along the way, and feel better for it, than that’s fine. Your body knows where it should be and we can help it get there by focusing on the foods that make you feel good both mentally and physically. We all know veggies make us feel great, and supplementing with a supplement like Nuzest Good Green Stuff is going to leave you energised and empowered!
You are worth so much more than that number on a scale.